Friday, February 24, 2006

Black Ice, the Rematch

Last year I crashed pretty hard on some black ice (which I mentioned briefly here) and this morning it was re-match time. Last night it rained pretty hard, then the skies cleared and the temperature dropped to 30 degrees--perfect conditions for the creation of copious amounts of black ice. Nearly the entirety of my route was covered with ice--from my house, along the Burke Gilman, across the Fremont Bridge, up and over Dexter--and it wasn't until I was in downtown proper that the heat island kicked the temperature up to around 35 degrees. I had one terrifying slide on the BG, but I did not crash and made it into work unscathed. I probably should have taken the bus, but I wanted to have at least one successful ride on the black ice!

No comments: