Thursday, March 23, 2006

Liam's Increasingly Multisyllabic Vocabulary

During Tuesday's Dad Patrol with Liam the boy was busting out some impressive words. Earlier in the day, when he was playing trains with Amy, he held up an unused section of track and declared "this one isn't NECESSARY." Later, when Liam and I were playing hide and seek, he said "I'm moving away from you--I'm DISAPPEARING." A couple of hours later I was reading a book to him about a turtle named Franklin. About midway through the book there's a picture of his friend Bear walking through the woods and carrying a basket full of berries. I pointed at the bear and asked Liam what the bear was doing. He said "He's picking blueberries. Are they EDIBLE?"

Liam is 2 1/2 years old. Is this normal? Either way, it's pretty fun to experience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm 20 years old and ask the same questions. So I think it's quite normal. What should he ask, if not whether they are edible? Are they a replacement for fossil fuels? :-)