Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Triathlon Training


My neighbor and friend Chris talked me into doing the Heart Of the Sound Triathlon with him this summer. I've never done a tri before, but I do a fair bit of biking and swimming so I thought "what the heck!"

Last week I started training in earnest. Here's what I've done so far:

Mon: Bike 10 miles
Tues: off
Wed: Run 3.6 miles (with 8:15 miles, not awesome, but not bad for me)
Thurs: Swim 1,600 yards
Fri: Kayak w/Amy (OK, maybe that doesn't technically count, but it's cross-training in my book!)
Sat: Bike 9.5 miles (towing Liam on the trail gator)
Sun: Bike 9.5 miles (towing Liam)
Mon: Swim 1,400 yards
Tues: Bike 19 miles

IMHO, pretty good so far. Liam is an excellent training buddy for biking, he is so incredibly excited and enthusiastic about being on the trail that his attitude is contagious. I'll probably be able to keep this up until the 4th, at which point I plan on doing no exercise whatsoever and drinking a bunch of beer. Mmm.

No comments: