Saturday, October 11, 2008

Summery Summary Part I--The Garden







So it's been two months since my last post. That's hard to believe. There are many reasons for this; primary among them is the two week vacation we took at the very end of August/beginning of September and the subsequent never-quite-catching-up onslaught of delayed work. Oh, and there's this little election coming up, which has taken much of my time (I've been the appointed PCO for my precinct for the past two years, but after the primary election, I am now the officially elected PCO. It was exciting but kind of weird seeing my name on the ballot for the first time ever). The financial-world-going-to-hell phenomenon is also fairly concerning, but for the time being I'm going to ignore that suite of issues.

Anyway, I will now attempt to catch up a bit on all of the exciting things the Seattle Stevensons have gotten up to these past couple of months.

This summer we planted our most ambitious garden yet: we grew spinach, lettuce, carrots, peas, beans, corn, broccoli, zucchini, peppers, chives, pumpkins, tomatoes, basil, eggplant, blueberries, cherries, apples, and hops. We didn't grow a whole lot of anything--except tomatoes and zucchini--but it was pretty gratifying to have a bit of everything. Between the garden and the 1/2 CSA from Oxbow Farms we share with the Moores, we had plenty of fresh veggies this summer.

Here are a few shots of the produce.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to Blogland! You've been missed.

My husband pointed me to your site after our daughters enjoyed the company of your sons while waiting for a ferry on Lopez Island earlier this summer.

Here's our blog so you can see what we've been up to across the lake:

http://kandas-adventures.typepad.com/kandas_adventures/

Enjoy!