Sunday, April 16, 2006

True Patriots Ride Bicycles


I've decided to contribute my own meme to the climate change debate. As Al Gore argued rather persuasively in his speech, climate change is a moral issue--and I think we should make it a patriotic issue as well. Personally, I think that as the biggest energy hogs on the planet, it is the responsibility of every American to do everything in his or her power to reduce carbon emissions. My preferred tool for accomplishing this task is the bicycle, so I designed a t-shirt promulgating this viewpoint. And you can buy them here! Any and all profits will be donated to the Cascade Bicycle Club and the Bicycle Alliance of Washington to support the good work they are doing to promote cycling and improve bicycle facilities throughout Washington.

I nicked the conveniently copyright-free bike-riding patriot from the kind folks at the Minuteman Bikeway.

No comments: