Saturday, January 28, 2006

White Pass Snowboarding




Last weekend we visited Andy and Lynna in Packwood for a quick visit and some time on the slopes. Liam had his very first ski lesson! He did pretty well considering he's only been walking for a bit more than a year. Of course the whole time he was on the kiddy hill he kept pointing at the high-speed quad, saying "I wanna go there!!!" Maybe next year. Unfortunately I did not have the presence of mind to take the camera out of Andy's car until after his lesson was finished, but Amy did take a fair bit of video. At some point I will extract a frame or two from the tape and post a pic of him with his itty-bitty skis. I did get some shots of Bro & me at the top of the mountain. The views were spectacular--this was the first clear day in over a month at White Pass and there was a TON of snow; 120" at the top and 80-something at the base. Very, very nice conditions. This was my first full-on snowboarding trip in about two years, and it was great!

No comments: