Tuesday, October 23, 2007

This is Not Good


My 95 year-old grandfather lives in Solana Beach, California, and it would be an understatement to say I am worried about him. I talked with my dad this morning, and he is pretty close to flying out there to bring him back to Phoenix. I can't imagine how horrible it must be in San Diego county right now, so many families losing everything. Fortunately there have not been many fatalities, which I think says a lot about the emergency responders. I really hope those winds die down soon!

1 comment:

Denise B-W said...

Wow! Did your grandfather shelter in place, or did he get out of there? We were in Redondo Beach for the first day of the fires and the smoke was already looking bad. With Amelie's athsma I was happy to be coming home (for once). Madness!