Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Xmas in Phoenix


We spent the holidays in Phoenix this year, after spending last year in Seattle. It was really fun to see both of our families (my parents and Amy's parents live about 3 miles apart) and catch up with some old friends from high school and college. We stayed quite a bit longer than usual this time around, which helped reduce the whirlwind sensation somewhat. It also gave us enough time to travel up to Flagstaff to spend the night with my bro Andy and get in some sledding! For the first time in years Flag has been getting appreciable amounts of snow.

Liam had an especially good time playing with his cousins, Madison in particular. Julie bought an enormous (15' diameter, I think) trampoline and all of the kids went crazy on that. As usual, we did everything twice--Xmas eve, Xmas morning, and Xmas dinner. But that just made everything twice as fun!!

Man, I'm going to have to talk to my parents about being so serious when they take photos with the grandkids. Sheesh!




1 comment:

S.britt said...

Happy (belated) New Years, Matty Bone!

It's your old pal, Stephan (from Feenicks) and boy my hair (still) feels like Christmas! A LOT has happened since we last spoke (you're married, I'm married, you have kids, we have a cat)! It's nice to see pictures of you and your family again and I'm glad to hear that you're now residing in Seattle. My wife and I are planning on moving to Portland within the next few months, so we'll definitely have to get together and reminisce.

I'm right in between deadlines now, but I just wanted to send you a short note while I'm here. I'll check out your blog when I have a bit more time and send another action-packed message, such as this. Boy, I bet you can't wait!

Your friend,
S.britt